The Health Works
Tuesday 6th March 2018, 8:15pm
About Put the spring back in your step with Yamuna Foot Fitness 4 week course
“The idea that we lock our feet up all day and then do nothing for them once we are out of shoes is crazy! We stretch and work out the rest of the body and yet the feet, are left out of most fitness programs.”
Who needs Yamuna Foot Fitness?
- You do. Everyone can benefit from this Yamuna Foot Fitness session
- Anyone wanting to improve foot flexibility
- Anyone wanting to release restriction, pain and discomfort
- Athletes, dancers, cyclist, runners or people who spend a lot of time on their feet will find this session especially beneficial & complementary to other activities
- If you have a foot condition: bunions, flat feet, Morton’s neuroma, plantar fasciitis, then this work will be particularly great for you
Every day our feet are subjected to tremendous weight-bearing stress. Over time, this stress leads to imbalanced walking patterns that cause our feet to contract, bones to narrow, and muscles to atrophy. These repetitive, imbalanced walking patterns contribute to misalignment of the muscles and joints from head to toe. Our feet have reflex points that affect our entire being, so when you care for your feet you really are taking care of your entire body.
Benefits of YFF®:
- Working the feet stimulates, tones, and elongates all the muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the legs.
- Enables people to develop more range of motion and movement, not only in the feet themselves but up through the pelvis and torso.
- Releases impact in the feet, creating greater ease of movement in the joints above.
- Increases circulation throughout the body.
- Stimulates bones, improving bone quality.
- Improves alignment throughout the body.
- Relaxes the nervous system.
Week 1 Focus: Introduction - A Healthy Foot Function
An introduction into the Yamuna Foot Fitness method. Starting with the Yamuna walking test to see how our feet move and which areas of the feet may be stuck. Then moving onto awareness-building exercises by using small dome shaped Yamuna foot wakers to help bring function into the feet.
Week 2 Focus: The Foot and Body Relationship
YFF affects the entire body through the reflexology points in the soles of the feet. This helps release blockages and re-balances the energy flow in the body = overall body health. We will explore these points to understand the relationship between the feet and the body.
Week 3 Focus: The Ankle Connection
Our Ankle joints require attention and care. Apart from connecting the foot to the leg, they also have small nerves which send signals to the brain which relies on this information to control the surrounding muscles. Using our hands we will create space in the ankle joints and with the aid of the Yamuna Body Rolling balls we can start to release the muscles from the knee all the way to the foot.
Week 4 Focus: Putting it all together
Building on from week 3 we will work through the muscle chain from the knee to the foot creating space in the knee to the ankle joint while also continuing to work with the awareness-building feet exercise’s. This session will end with the Yamuna walking test to measure our success in using the whole foot to walk.
Yamuna Foot Fitness 4 week course Dates:
Week 1: Tuesday 06th March 8:15-9:15pm
Week 2: Tuesday 13th March 8:15-9:15pm
Week 3: Tuesday 20th March 8:15-9:15pm
Week 4: Tuesday 27th March 8:15-9:15pm
The Health Works
111a Hoe Street,