New Road hotel
Thursday 21st June 2018, 7:00pm
About "Pin N Gin" Kimono Workshop with Alice & Co Patterns
Learn how to make a kimono in an evening!
Perfect for beginners, this three-hour class will demystify the art of making your own clothes. We believe it is always better to learn a new skill with a drink in hand, so you will be helped along the way with one of our New Road Signature Gin Cocktails!
The evening will take you through step-by-step how to turn a piece of fabric and a paper pattern into a glamorous kimono, perfect for luxurious lounging. The design is suitable for men and women and depending on fabric and length you could even make it as an elegant evening jacket/coat!
The class will cover all aspects of how to use a paper dress-making pattern to create your own home-sewn garment, including:
- Measuring - how to take accurate measurements and select your size
- Cutting out - how to place your pattern correctly on the fabric and cut out your garment pieces ready to sew
- Fitting – you will tack and try on your garment during the class; your tutor will be on hand with pins and advice to make sure you get the perfect fit
- Sewing up – how to sew up your final garment; a detailed instruction sheet will be provided so you can finish sewing up your garment at home.
By the end of the night you will take home:
- an Alice&Co Patterns ‘Sumba Kimono’ paper pattern - ready to re-use at home
- your garment ready to sew up
- Alice&Co Patterns sewing up instruction sheet
All equipment and material is provided. There will be a selection of fabric to choose from on the night. The kimono pattern is unisex and provided in a full range of sizes.
Skill level: beginner
Alice & Co patterns are designed in London by mother and daughter team Alice and Lilia. Alice is a designer, pattern cutter and teacher, and has over 20 years’ experience making fabulous made-to-measure clothes for women under her label Alice&Co. Brought up in a house full of fabric and pins Lilia naturally started making her own clothes, and now works in museum textile conservation. We believe that dress making should be fun with fast and simple techniques, so you can sew inventive and stylish outfits at home. We are passionate about creating modern patterns that fit well and are enjoyable to wear.
Terms & conditions for "Pin N Gin" Kimono Workshop with Alice & Co Patterns
Terms and Conditions
Please note that you will complete your garment to fitting stage during the class; the final sewing up will need to be completed at home on a sewing machine. Alternatively, you can leave your garment with us to be sewn up and sent back to you for an extra fee of £25.
Full pre-payment is required, no refunds or cancellations.
New Road hotel
103-107 new Road,