Get tickets to Stand Up Comedy Course
Press the '+' button to add tickets to your order. Once you've selected tickets, checkout from the button that appears in the bottom right of the page.
Questions about this event?
You can message the event organiser here
About Stand Up Comedy Course
Including 7 sessions and an optional showcase performance.
What you'll get:
- Expert advice on developing a five minute long stand-up comedy routine
- Honest constructive feedback
- A weekly recap of topics covered
- Support of like-minded individuals
- Details of local comedy events and open-mic opportunities.
In addition, there’s an option to perform at a Comedy Showcase, at a legendary Birmingham comedy venue, in front of a friendly audience.
With award-winning professional comedian James Cook, you’ll learn:
- how to harness your sense of humour
- how to turn your day-to-day life into comedy gold
- how to combat nerves and be a confident performer
- how to write jokes, then how to write better ones
- and if you want to, how you can get started in comedy
All sessions and the Comedy Showcase take place at a legendary Birmingham comedy venue - The Station in Kings Heath. Former home of the 'Cheeky Monkey' comedy club, which featured performances from the likes of Peter Kay, Ross Noble, Jimmy Carr among many others.
Sessions take place on Monday evenings between 7 and 9:30. From Janaury 15th to February 26th (incl), with the show on March 4th.
There is free on-street parking, and it's on the 50 bus route, and a short walk from the 11 and 35.
7 High Street,