About Governance Made Easy
You will explore roles and responsibilities, duties and liabilities, and the Code of Good Governance. By the end of the course, you will be able to update the rest of your board and carry out your duties with confidence.
This course has been revised to bring it into line with the Charity Governance Code. Much of the code also applies to other not-for-profit organisations that deliver a public or community benefit and those with a social purpose.
MONDAY 10 JUNE
START at 10.00am
FINISH at 4.00pm
This workshop is for people (staff, volunteers, trustees, management committee members. etc) in not-for-profit organisations that provide a high proportion of their services to the people of Waltham Forest. A not-for-profit organisation is a charity, community group or social enterprise.
Please contact us if you are unsure that you will meet this eligibility criteria.
Who should attend?
- Board members
- Those wishing to become Board members
- Staff members who support Board members
- What is a Board member?
- What is Governance?
- Who can be a Board member?
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Duties of Board members
- Liabilities and risk
- Code of Good Governance
- Further support
Participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain their role as Board members within the sector
- Identify legal and best practice Board responsibilities
- Describe the boundaries between staff and Board members, operational and strategic
- Demonstrate an understanding of conflict of interest, conflict management and the difference between personal and organisational views
- Demonstrate a greater confidence in their ability to be an effective Board member
If you have any questions please contact us on 020 3893 9793, or email email@example.com.
Terms & conditions for Governance Made Easy
1. This workshop is for people (staff, volunteers,trustees, management committee membersetc) in organisations that provide a high proportion of their services to the people of Waltham Forest. A not-for-profit organisation is a charity, community group or social enterprise. Please contact us if you are unsure that you will meet this eligibility criteria.
2. We expect a minimum of 3 working days’ notice of cancellation. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events
3. Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
1. Your organisation is a voluntary, community group or social enterprise organisation
2. Your organisation is not a profit making business.
3. Your organisation is based and/or provide services in Waltham Forest
4. Please always check the ticket price.
5. Please agree the training or event with your manager or budget holder.
6. Booking is essential for all courses.
7. Bookings are taken through Ticketlab, unless otherwise stated.
8. Venues for training sessions may change, so please ensure that you know where the event is to be held.
By booking an event you commit to:
1. Attending the entirety of the event, and giving the trainer your full attention. (Please do not arrange to “share” a training day with a colleague as it can be disruptive).
2. Carrying out any pre-course preparation required.
3. Bringing any pre-course learning materials, when requested.
4. Arriving at least 15 minutes before the start of the event, allowing a prompt start and keeping to time. This also ensures fewer disruptions throughout the day.
5. Anyone arriving late by 30 minutes or more may be turned away and still charged.
6. Completing and returning an evaluation form to the trainer or facilitator.
Cancellation and non-attendance:
1. For training courses that are free for Community Waltham Forest Members, there is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events programme.
2. For sessions delivered by external providers, the cancellation period will depend upon the providers’ charges and policies.
3. For training sessions to successfully go ahead, we require a minimum number of participants. Community Waltham Forest may cancel or postpone events that do not have sufficient bookings.
4. Community Waltham Forest would prefer not to cancel sessions unless absolutely necessary and will aim to give participants 2 days’ notice of cancellations.
1. Participants are expected to sign in and follow the health and safety rules of the venue in which the event is being held.
2. Participants are expected to pay their own travel and subsistence.
3. Participants must sign any attendance sheet provided by the trainer or facilitator.
4. Tea and coffee will be provided at most of our training courses and events.
5. Lunch will not be provided unless otherwise stated.
6. Participants who smoke must do so in the designated area, during breaks and lunch only
7. Mobiles must be switched off or on silent and phone calls only taken during lunch or breaks.