About Recruiting volunteers
Running a Volunteer Programme is no easy ride and we understand that getting your process right is key to doing it well.
Wednesday 17th July 2019
Start 9:30 am
Finish 4:00 pm
This one day training course will look in depth at all aspects of recruiting volunteers – from initially understanding why you need them, developing stand out role descriptions with clear expectations and safe recruitment to looking at the variety of ways to advertise roles and what induction could look like. The training is highly practical with plenty of opportunities for you to work on elements of your own volunteer recruitment programmes
Who should attend.
This training will be beneficial for people new to recruiting with volunteers or for those needing to revive existing volunteer programmes.
This workshop is for people (staff, volunteers,trustees, management committee membersetc) in not-for-profit organisations that provide a high proportion of their services to the people of Waltham Forest. A not-for-profit organisation is a charity, community group or social enterprise. Please contact us if you are unsure that you will meet this eligibility criteria.
This workshop is suitable for:
People wishing to recruit volunteers.
Volunteer Managers / Co-ordinators.
First time staff who have not worked with volunteers before.
We encourage you to attend with a colleague. There will be a limit of two people from each organisation.
If you have any role descriptions, policies and procedures for recruiting volunteers, do bring them along.
- Why we use volunteers and why people volunteer.
- Avoiding creating an Employment contract.
- Looking at the process you use.
- Understanding your organisations need.
- Creating role descriptions
- Where to find Volunteers?
- The process and procedures of recruitment.
- How and who to choose
- Safer recruitment.
- Establish a volunteer management process from Enquiry to induction.
- Recruit volunteers using meaningful Role descriptions on a variety of forums.
- Understand the basics of good practice and induction.
- increased awareness of organisational needs of volunteers and their motivations.
- To improve confidence around why, how, who and where to recruit volunteers.
- To improve knowledge of safer recruitment.
If you have any questions please contact us on 020 3893 9792, or email email@example.com
Terms & conditions for Recruiting volunteers
1. This workshop is for people (staff, volunteers,trustees, management committee members etc) in organisations that provide a high proportion of their services to the people of Waltham Forest. A not-for-profit organisation is a charity, community group or social enterprise. Please contact us if you are unsure that you will meet this eligibility criteria.
2. We expect a minimum of 3 working days’ notice of cancellation. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events
3. Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
1. Your organisation is a voluntary, community group or social enterprise organisation
2. Your organisation is not a profit making business.
3. Your organisation is based and/or provide services in Waltham Forest
4. Please always check the ticket price.
5. Please agree the training or event with your manager or budget holder. 6. Booking is essential for all courses.
7. Bookings are taken through Tiketlab, unless otherwise stated.
8. Venues for training sessions may change, so please ensure that you know where the event is to be held.
By booking an event you commit to:
1. Attending the entirety of the event, and giving the trainer your full attention. (Please do not arrange to “share” a training day with a colleague as it can be disruptive).
2. Carrying out any pre-course preparation required.
3. Bringing any pre-course learning materials, when requested.
4. Arriving at least 15 minutes before the start of the event, allowing a prompt start and keeping to time. This also ensures fewer disruptions throughout the day.
5. Anyone arriving late by 30 minutes or more may be turned away and still charged.
6. Completing and returning an evaluation form to the trainer or facilitator.
Cancellation and non-attendance:
1. For training courses that are free for Community Waltham Forest Members, there is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events programme.
2. For sessions delivered by external providers, the cancellation period will depend upon the providers’ charges and policies.
3. For training sessions to successfully go ahead, we require a minimum number of participants. Community Waltham Forest may cancel or postpone events that do not have sufficient bookings.
4. Community Waltham Forest would prefer not to cancel sessions unless absolutely necessary and will aim to give participants 2 days’ notice of cancellations.
1. Participants are expected to sign in and follow the health and safety rules of the venue in which the event is being held.
2. Participants are expected to pay their own travel and subsistence.
3. Participants must sign any attendance sheet provided by the trainer or facilitator.
4. Tea and coffee will be provided at most of our training courses and events.
5. Lunch will not be provided unless otherwise stated.
6. Participants who smoke must do so in the designated area, during breaks and lunch only
7. Mobiles must be switched off or on silent and phone calls only taken during lunch or breaks.