Questions about this event?
You can message the event organiser here
About Woodland Holiday Club- Child ticket
Woodland holiday club 2019
Do you like being outdoors? Learning new skills? Playing exciting games? All with a child led forest school ethos.
~ Fire lighting ~ Den building ~ Nature Crafts ~ Campfire Cooking ~ tool use ~bug hunt ~nature ID and much more in a private magical woodland!
This is our first ever Woodland Holiday Club. It will run for four weeks during the summer holidays 2019 on Mondays and Tuesdays. Dates;
29/30th July, 5/6th August, 12/13th August, 19/20th August
16 SPACES AVAILABLE PER SESSION
Sessions last for 6 hours (9.30am to 3.30pm). Fantastic value at £25 per child
- Hot chocolate, squash, water and fresh fruit are provided in all sessions.
- The club is for children from 5 to 12 years of age.
- A grown up (18+) per child/family is welcome to stay for the session for an additional £5 per session .
The club is run by Jenna Benson and team. Jenna and Donna are experienced, qualified Level 3 Forest School practitioners, have DBS clearance and are qualified in outdoor first aid. They have worked in all sorts of different education settings indoors and out for over 10 years. Lisa is a qualified level 1 forest school practitioner and is in training to be a level 3 practitioner also has DBS clearance, and early years qualifications. Lisa has volunteered and worked with Roots to Branches alongside Jenna since January. Roots to Branches is insured with Birnbeck Finance Ltd and has public liability insurance underwritten by SAUA Ltd.
What do you need to bring?
1) Outdoor clothing - No shorts please. Legs and arms should be covered to avoid nettle /bramble stings & scratches. Even on hot days this is strongly recommended.
2) Waterproofs! Waterproof trousers as well as a waterproof jacket are essential to get the most out of each session if the weather is, or has recently been wet.
3) Old outdoor footwear or wellies plus some extra socks
4) Packed lunch, including a drink/water bottle. No nut products please (incl. Nutella).
5) Any medical items, eg. Inhalers, EpiPen etc.
6) A change of clothes in a separate bag is handy in case you get too muddy or wet.
7) Parents often bring a bin-bag on return to put any muddy clothes/wellies in.
Location. Drop off and collection will be in our car park just off Thistleton Road, Thitleton Village PR4 3XA
Places are limited so booking is essential. Booking it through ticketlab.co.uk Click here https://ticketlab.co.uk/tickets and search for Woodland holiday club
Contact Jenna for details on 07847313142,
or message us on Facebook @rootstobranchesfs
Terms & conditions for Woodland Holiday Club- Child ticket
* Please note that a minimum of 6 children are required for sessions to run*
Cancellation and Postponement
-In the case of extreme weather and no suitable alternative venue being available Roots to Branches may need to cancel sessions at short notice. We will do all in our power to find an alternative venue for our holiday club session in this scenario.
-In the case of Roots to Branches staff ill-health every effort will be made to seek replacement staff or to reschedule. Where this is not possible a refund will be offered.
-Where individuals cannot make the session a refund can be offered with a week’s notice. Otherwise sessions will not be refunded, unless your space can be filled by another participant. A lot of the time there is a waiting list so we can normally accommodate most changes if we receive at least 48 hours notice.