About Patchwork quilting for beginners
Learn how to make two fun patchwork mini quilts in this 2 day long workshop, dates are 29 February and 7 March
This class is a great class to take after the beginners class as the sewing will be mostly straight lines and it will allow you to practice more seams and other skills learned in the beginners class. You will need to know how to handle a sewing machine for this class but it's very much still a class that's achievable for beginners.
You will cover design, measuring, cutting, the use of various tools, and stitching your patches together accurately. We will talk about different kinds of wadding and binding techniques. We will cover patchwork and log cabin techniques as well as learning about the quilting together of all the layers with either straight lines or freemotion stitching. We won't cover paper piecing, complex shapes or quilting in patterns in this class.
Fabric, wadding and thread all included in the price, as well as a copy of my In Stitches sewing handbook.
The course runs on 19th and 26th October
Terms & conditions for Patchwork quilting for beginners
- I will only run the class if the minimum number of students have booked. If this isn't looking likely I will contact you in good time to discuss rebooking for a different date
- Refunds will only be offered if requested in good time and for a good reason. I'm not unreasonable at all but can't refund just because you changed your mind two days before the class ;-)
- All machines and materials are included in the fee. You can of course bring your own machine if you want. Pls don't forget the pedal!
- Please bring lunch and any plant milk you like
- I have cats. Most people are fine with anti histamine but if you are extremely allergic thsi class may not work for you
- my studio is not accessible for those with mobility issues I'm afraid as it is up and down stairs to get to it
- I'm on 07944 863932 if you need to contact me.
- parking is restricted but I will give you a voucher for your car. I am also near buses and the tube.
13 Thorpe Crescent,