About Halloween Home Pet Show
Join our spooktacular Halloween Home Pet Show to show us the Halloween side of your pets! Take part in this fun virtual competition by sharing your photos or videos with us. All animals are welcome.
Participating is easy: buy a ticket (one ticket per entry!) and then share your photos and videos via DM on Facebook, Instagram or or via Email (details below). Entries must be submitted by the 29th October.
Winners will be announced on Halloween day!
Don't forget to specify the category you want to be put in. You can choose between:
- Too Floof to Spook - when there's no way to disguise so much hair
- Cutest Critter - they make you shriek with delight
- Trick or Treater - what would they do for a titbit
- Not so Evil Eyes - not really kings/queens of darkness
- Mummy's Little Monster - Halloween spirit passed from owners to pets
- Fangtastic Vampire - the best toothy smiles
- Gruesome Twosome - kids and pets up to no good
- Wise Wizard - oldies only
- Pumpkin-Spiced Baby - youngsters only
- Spoocky Pet Art - get your creepativity going!
Terms & conditions for Halloween Home Pet Show
Halloween Home Pet Show 2020
1. The RSPCA Halloween Home Pet Show 2020 competition (the “Competition”) is run by RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcestershire (Charity no. 205930), Holdings Lane, WR5 3FP, Kempsey, Worcester
2. Your entry to the Competition can only be accepted via Instagram direct messages, Facebook Messenger or Email
3. Entrants 15 or younger must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Competition.
4. Entries must feature your own pets or photographs/videos that you have taken of your own (family of friend’s pets).
Entry and specifications:
1. All entries should be submitted via Instagram direct messages, Facebook Messenger or Email
2. Digital adjustments are only acceptable if they are for minor cleaning work, levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Entrants will be disqualified from the Competition if the judges believe that the images have been manipulated or are not the entrant’s original work.
3. You are allowed to use of filters and effects to create Halloween themed pictures and videos
4. Entrants should not do anything to upset or stress animals in attempting to photograph them. Photos will be rejected from the Competition if the the judges believe that the photos show an animal in distress, or if they contain any unsuitable content.
5. Entries cannot be returned so please retain a copy.
6. The opening date for entries is Thursday 1st October 7:00 AM United Kingdom time.
7. The closing date for online entries is Monday 26th October 2020 at 11 PM UK. Any entries received after this time will be rejected.
8. All entrants have the right to withdraw their entry prior to the closing date of Friday, by sending an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The judges of the Competition are branch representatives and details are available on request. The judges will create a shortist of entries for each category, which will then be judged anonymously.
1. All finalists in the Competition will be noitified during the last week of October via Instagram, Facebook Messenger or Email. The decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted in respect of their entry. Although we are grateful to, and would like to encourage the efforts of, all participants, unfortunately we cannot give feedback on unsuccessful entries.
1. Prizes provided by the competitions supporters will be awarded to the winners of each category, as decided by the judges, as described below. Additional prizes may be awarded to runners-up in each of the categories but this is at the sole discretion of the judges.
2. If we do not receive a response after notifying an entrant that they have been selected as a winner, or if any selected winner becomes not contactable at any time up to and including the awards ceremony, the judges may select another winner in their place.
1. Each entrant (or entrant's parent or legal guardian if the entrant is aged 16 or under) agrees that, only for the purposes of promoting the Competition and future RSPCA and branch activity, the RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcester branch may (1) use the entrant’s first name, surname, county and age and (2) disclose the entrant’s name and age to third parties. The RSPCA shall seek the entrant’s prior consent (and/or the entrant’s parent or legal guardian’s prior consent if the entrant is aged 16 or under) before disclosing any further personal data to third parties. The RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcester branch will not post the names and details of entrants aged under 13 years online without the entrant’s parental or guardian’s consent.
2. Personal information provided by finalists will be used for the purposes of administering the Competition where necessary (for example the provision of prizes as necessary for this purpose). The RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcester branch will use the contact details of the entrant’s parent or guardian to seek their consent to the entrant’s participation in the Competition and administering their child’s entry. The personal data of winners will be kept to enable the uses of their photos as described below.
1. All entries submitted must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other person. The RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcester branch cannot be liable if another person’s rights are breached, and the parent or guardian of the entrant agrees to indemnify RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcestershire, RSPCA and/or RSPCA Trading Ltd* in respect of any claim from a third party that the entrant’s work infringes their rights.
2. Entrants retain the copyright in their submitted photos or videos. However, by entering the Competition under these terms, the entrant gives RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcestershire a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, exhibit and post the submitted photos in any and all media, including media platforms yet to be envisaged for the purposes of promoting and publicising this Competition or future events.
For potential use on products of the RSPCA or third parties licensed by the RSPCA, the entrant’s permission will be sought, including use on RSPCA licensed products, which will be agreed as the subject of a separate agreement.
1. Wherever possible, the RSPCA will credit the entrant as the photographer.
2. Entrants agree in para 44 that the RSPCA may use the credited entry on its website for the duration of five years, after which all names and attribution will be removed.
1. The RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcester branch cannot be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or incomplete, or for failure to receive or properly register any entries due to any technical failure or malfunction or other reason. The RSPCA Worcester and Mid-Worcester branch reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control. In either case we will give notice to entrants by posting the changes on the Competition website.
2. Entrants/their parents/guardians will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
3. The law applicable to the Competition is English Law.