About Inspired by...
Two not to be missed talks!
Just Do Stupid Stuff – David Hellard
David is an entrepreneur, sometimes successfully, but often not. He’s had cease and desist letters from Warner Brothers, had his attempts to take part in the Olympics blocked by the Australian government, blagged his way into writing for Runners World at the Afghanistan Marathon, launched products including the Camel – Tow bungee cord as well as winning startup of the year competitions with zipcube.com – ‘airnbnb for meeting rooms’. During this talk David explains how to come up with new ideas and get them to market – what works, what doesn’t, but most importantly to Just Do Stupid Stuff
How to become an expert in FAILURE - Lee-Stuart is an expert in failure.
He is also a firm believer that he is not an athlete.
Fear of Failure is the main reason people say no and in Lees talk he aims to entertain you and open your mind to embracing failure.
- What its like to have your entire overhead powerpoint display fail live during a TEDx talk broadcast round the world
- Cross the Sahara with not enough food …and still put on weight
- Fail to finish a 625 mile footrace and claim its your greatest achievement to date
- Take longer than 6hrs to complete a marathon and yet earn the respect of everyone you tell
- Accidentally come second place in a 66 mile footrace ….and second to last at the same time.
- Accidentally qualify for the World Obstacle Course Race championships by helping a friend.
These failures, and overcoming the fear of failure can actually lead you to some of the most wonderful experiences you will ever have. You have no idea where the edge is …and often its much, much further than you think.
Fail Big, Fail often…………… You have one life… Fail it.
Lee is also a Beekeeper...
Terms & conditions for Inspired by...
Tickets are non-refundable. Proof of purchase must be shown to gain admission
1 Church Hill,