Questions about this event?
You can message the event organiser here
About Softening Sound Bath
A Friday evening sound meditation is quite simply a space to drop into your body and receive soothing sounds. An alternative night out for yourself to soften into the weekend and let go of anything you're carrying from your week. Do nothing but drop, rest and receive.
Charlotte Boyd//Firm Feet® uses her voice, gong, tuning forks, ocean drum and singing bowls to create an energizing yet calming effect. Charlotte will soften into your body with gentle breathing and body relaxation techniques.
BENEFITS Sound healing can:
- lower anxiety & stress levels
- calm the central nervous system
- help shift mental, spiritual, emotional & physical blocks
- boost your mood
- improve memory
- reduce pain
- lower blood pressure & cholesterol
- improve sleep
- help find more flow in your life
- regain clarity, confidence & direction
- support & maintain mental wellbeing
"Such a lushious evening. I can't wait for the next one."
"That was absolutely sublime! Still coming back to earth- but not in any rush!"
"Thanks so much for a beautiful evening. I felt like I was in the blustery wind by the sea. It put me right back in nature which I find hard to connect in the city."
Charlotte Boyd is a Vocalist, Movement Facilitator and qualified Sound Healing Practitioner, certified by the College of Sound healing. From 2012-2015, Charlotte trained professionally in Macrobiotic Healing Arts using the Five Transformation Theory and Traditional Chinese Medicine. In 2015, after training in EAD™ Movement Method, Charlotte created Firm Feet® with the aim to make movement and sound accessible for all and to encourage everyday mental wellbeing. Charlotte has taken her work to many mental health projects, campaigns and worked with people in recovery and therapeutically in London, Edinburgh and Europe. Charlotte offers 1:1 Sound Therapy sessions at The Alexander Centre on Clarence Street in Stockbridge, at her home and online. Group Sound Baths take place online and at Santosa Wellness Centre on Albert Street. Check here for availability.
Terms & conditions for Softening Sound Bath
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the event is due to start
- If you have recently had your Covid vaccination, please wait seven days before receiving a sound healing treatment. This will allow the body to process the effects of the vaccination before giving the body more information to process.
- You will probably need some quiet time after the session so please factor this in when planning your day. After a sound healing treatment the body can go through a period of integration. During this time your body will be moving to a more balanced state.
- In the 2-3 days after your treatment be kind to yourself, drink plenty of water, take some gentle exercise and rest.
Santosa Wellness Centre
21 Albert St,